The BorderLink Project was a federally-funded Technology Innovation Challenge Grant designed to impact the lives of high school students of Imperial and rural San Diego Counties through the use of technology in education.
Removing barriers to post-secondary opportunities for rural, under-served students through the use of technology.
Goals of the Project
- Increase the number of students who qualify for universities and highly skilled careers
- Provide college and career success skills
- Prepare students to select a college
- Provide comprehensive staff development
- Reduce student/teacher isolation
- Provide equitable access to technologies
- Placement of state-of-the-art technology in schools
- Use of computers, fiber optic technology, mobile technology vehicles, mobile video production vehicle, videoconferencing, web-delivered resources
- In-depth professional development in technology, and use of technology for other subjects
- Delivery of advanced courses and test preparation for students
- Student counseling services including detailed college information and guidance
- Tutoring and mentoring by university students
- Career awareness and training learning modules
Useful Products You Can Use!